Monday, May 14, 2012

Short Film: Colosse



This is Colosse, a nifty short feature about a giant robot going for a stroll through the forest. In this short film, Yves explores his child obsession with puppets and all things robotic. Director Yves Geleyn lists The King And The Mockingbird, The Iron Giant, and Grendizer as inspirations for this project.
"I’m a huge fan of Jim Henson’s work. I have always wanted to work with puppets but never had the chance to do so before. I’m also a huge fan of robots; they were in all my childhood movies, cartoons, and comics. The robot from Paul Grimault’s The King And The Mockingbird; Brad Bird’s Iron Giant; and Goldorak, a Japanese cartoon, were inspirations for me. It was these two passions of puppetry and robots that drove me to create this short film, with a bird in it of course (can’t lose my bad habits)."
You can watch the making of Colosse at Hornet Incorporated's website. Giant machines, they really know how to tug the heartstrings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...